Friday, August 1, 2008

Smoky Eyes...



I bought the Suziblu "Party Girl" art kit. Because I am trying to be brave on all levels and I have posted to you before how I am afraid of drawing. Faces especially. I thought this would help to have a beautiful little face to look at and study and paint with no pressure.

It was really awesome. The supplies that come with the kit are fantastic. I got a big bag full of papers and sparkly thingies and rub-on transfers - so much that I did the painting and now I have lots left over to do many other projects. The paints are good enough to eat. Lucious and creamy and full of color in the smallest little drop, so you can water them down for fantastic glazing. I got the paints to complete just this painting, small pots, but there was plenty there for me to play a bit with them to make sure I was comfortable with how they worked, and still get the painting done.


I'm in love, love, love with the paints though. I will have to peek at what's available on the Artcellar list. Yummy. I can see why Suzi is always saying - "I love these".

Suzi's directions are step-by-step, with photos, so you can see what she means - but there is plenty of room for you to introduce your own creative style, once your comfortable with how the products works.
I wish you could see the cool sparkles in the swirls. Sometimes the photographs don't catch everything. You can see them on the left, but not as well on the right. I laid a stencil over the painting and used the awesome sparkly paint included in the kit. It is a little raised up so added some nice texture.
Thank you Suzi! I had a blast. She is so pretty. I must go buy a frame and put her in my art room to remind me that faces are not so scary after all.

11 comments:

Sending An Angel said...

OMGosh You are truly brave! I want to do a kit myself although I am afraid I will get it and just stare at it forever! You party girl it to die for!!! She is so beautiful!! All I can add is WOW!

Anonymous said...

Your's is beautiful! Great job! I think I might pick one up for my daughter Carly. I think that Suzi is so thorough in her instructions, Carly is bound to learn something new. Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece.

Heather said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Love the smokey eyes. I didnt know there were these types of kits out there. Awesome job!~

Connie said...

How super fun!!! What kind of paints are they Mistie? Could you email me the names/colors/brands...whatever the heck they are!?!?!

Thank you.

Peace & Love.

notmassproduced said...

very cute :o)

Unknown said...

You have made a suzi-beautiful girl! She is lovely!

nollyposh said...

Oh my goodNESS! She is gorgeOUS! xox

Kathryn Costa said...

I've seen Suzi's kits and thought about getting one. Now I must! Your results are so Suzi. I'm a bit timid about my drawing skills and I think I need some Suzi love. Thanks for being brave and paving the way.

Anonymous said...

congrat you brave art grrl! How good is it to conquer something... and she is sooo cute. Love the grey green eyes. Hope you dont mind, but I have added your blog on to my soul food list... so I can get regular feeds...

Kathryn Costa said...

After seeing this, I ended up signing up for Suzi's class. Now I think I may have a chance at making some pretty, pretty girls of my own! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anne said...

I love how your Party Girl turned out! You made me want to rush out and buy a kit for myself ... but they're all sold out! :-(

Thanks for sharing your Party Girl! Very inspirational! :-)