Monday, February 22, 2010

8.333 books per month = 100 books per year


Ok. Yes I did do the math. I can't help it.

8.333 books per month = 100 books in a year.
I am going at a good pace, and for the most part I am enjoying the books I read.

What I have learned so far:

Although I can read about 14 books per month I am doing it at the expense of other hobby type things. So, can I read 8 and still fit other things in...? Sewing etc.

All books should not be read. Seems like a no-brainer, but honestly, I feel like I made the decision to read it and I should read it. I will forgive myself for picking out a book I don't like and stop reading it after the first 2 chapters if, in my humble opinion, it sucks.

I also want to read non-fiction, this is harder. It takes longer. I want to remember what I read.

I can not read in bed for longer than 15 minutes without falling asleep.

I really like historical fiction. A Lot. Some of it is very very bad like (to me dear friends) a romance novel, which I do not like and therefore I will not read after the first 2 chapters.

I could read everyday (at least right now) about the birth of our nation, the colonies and the Revolutionary war.

I would like a fancy silver bookmark with my name on it.

I do not think I want a Kindle because I am a tactile person and the very thought of not smelling ink and paper gives me the shakes.

I need to go to the library and goodwill and have a set of books ready to read for the month, otherwise I do not pick up a book right away and I will suffer from BSAD (book selection anxiety disorder).

Yes. That is a picture of a book turned into a purse. I need to make time to do that.

No comments: