Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Creative Everyday

I usually do not make resolutions.

This is because my life really has never worked that way - the way where I stick to something because I've written it down on a piece of paper somewhere. I have to work in small increments of time with clearly written goals for that time. In this way I have discovered that I live in response to life rather than creating a life that I want. I have carried "old luggage" around with me. That luggage craves the approval of others (some very specific) and does not say NO! when it is too full.

The luggage is too full and I am going to clean it all out.

I am crafting the life I want for myself and my family.
I am creative and that is a true blessing that I have not appreciated.
It is okay that I am the way I am, that I am who I am.
It is okay that my brain works the way it does.
Not everyone will like me.
It's okay that not everyone will like me.
I am loved.
I love myself.

So this year I will...
1. Revel in my love of reading and chart out the 100+ books that I read

2. Participate in Wardrobe Refashion for 6 months and embrace the style I have found for myself and relish my love of textiles. This will include at least one project for each month.

3. Let people know I appreciate them for who they are by connecting with them regularly and for the purpose of good communication and growth of friendship.

4. Complain less with the goal of acceptance of self and others

5. Weekly accountability to my promise to myself on my blog whether anyone reads it or not.

Schedule to follow...

No comments: